Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
As a key member of the Mechanical Engineering team, the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer reports to the Product Line Manager and is responsible for designing, maintaining, improving, and releasing world class machinery. Collaborating with other team-members, the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will implement our equipment and design standards in line with customer specifications and the ITW 80/20 philosophy. The engineer will be responsible for coordinating with our customers and project managers to ensure accurate machine releases and support aftermarket equipment as required. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will lead design projects in coordination with peers.
The position will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Autonomously lead critical design projects in coordination with the greater department.
- Support the development of new machine models by interfacing with customer, assembly, purchasing and service to drive continuous improvement.
- Drive best in class product mechanical engineering.
- Develop complex mechanical designs using Solidworks.
- Create and maintain accurate bills of materials in ERP system.
- Manage change control of components and bills of materials.
- Evaluate and improve the engineering procedures and practices.
- Participate in business standardization efforts.
- Support aftermarket equipment in field.
- Work with the operations and quality team to implement and manage continuous improvement systems.
- Coordinate with customers and project managers to define future machine development.
- Utilize ITW 80/20 Tools to streamline processes and procedures required for engineering release, procurement, and assembly of equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related experience in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of experience in design engineering and project management working within a cross functional engineering team.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical design utilizing 3D CAD software.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results through cross-collaboration within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex design projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn from others as well as teach and mentor less experienced team-members.
- Experience with bill of material management.
- Ability to define a problem, determine root cause, and develop corrective action plan.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willing to travel when necessary.
- Experience with Solidworks.
- Experience with ERP systems.