Field Service Technician
This position, Field Service Technician, supports the success of the organization by providing world class technical service and support to our customers. This position will demonstrate excellent technical repair, installation, start-up and troubleshooting to the ITW Hartness product lines to include Hartness Connect. This position will support the customers of ITW Hartness team by providing on-site support while collaborating cross-functionally and exceeding customer service expectations. As a key member of the Field Service Team, our goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability of ITW Hartness.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service and support during field visits, and tie workflow to schedules to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Perform service (repair and troubleshooting) of ITW Hartness machinery. Services include troubleshooting machinery and making required adjustments, performing audits, installing upgrades, and follow-up operator training.
- Drive the expansion of the Hartness Connect product line through deploying, servicing, training, and informing the development of the product line.
- Manage all onsite Product and Hartness Connect installation, maintenance, repairs, and equipment testing tasks as well as thoroughly document all related processes as well as a secondary focus on supporting other product lines.
- Diagnose errors and technical problems to determine proper solutions as well as produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Collaborate with the Hartness Connect technical team of software engineers and subject matter experts to act as a liaison for on-site support for Hartness Connect related issues.
- Share and collect information to promote the Hartness Connect brand through positive relationship building with internal and external customers.
- Satisfy customer needs by making appropriate recommendations and using appropriate field automation systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Study system requirements, order and gather essential components and parts, complete installations, and performing quality assurance tests.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by using creativity and ingenuity to investigate complaints, identify resolutions, suggest enhanced operating techniques, and recommend system improvements.
- Other duties assigned.
- AAS in Mechatronics, AAS in Electronics, Industrial Technology or Electrical Technology.
- Minimum 3 years’ of revlevant experience in equipment maintenance and/or related field experience.
- Allen Bradley/ RSLogix / RSLinx experience/knowledge.
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose problems and repair issues in an effective manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic software, networking, and operating system issues.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail, project management ability, and professionalism.
- Strong, effective communication skills.
- Strong PLC background, along with basic electrical troubleshooting.
- Strong mechanical and pneumatic components knowledge.
- Physical ability to regularly lift 35 lbs., bend and twist, stand and/or walk for an entire 10 – 12-hour shift. Able to work overtime or travel with short notice.
- Capable, willing and interested in traveling up to 70% - 80%, must have valid Driver’s License and Passport – able to travel both Domestic and International if needed.
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.