The IT internship is designed to provide experience for a current college student pursuing a degree in the area of Computer Science or Information Systems. This individual will provide support to the IT staff in daily tasks as well as work on special projects designed to provide real-world application in your field of study/interest. This will require coordination and collaboration with colleagues within the IT team as well as across functional areas within a manufacturing environment.
What you will do:
- Maintains the help desk issue tracking software (monitor queue, prioritize issues).
- Provides technical support and guidance to users.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs PC systems.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Maintains and deploys standard hardware configurations and software installation images
- Assigned projects, including participation on the ERP project to determine and implement the best system for the business moving forward
What we are looking for:
- Student in their junior or senior year of college working towards a Computer Science or Information Systems degree.
- Desire to learn in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of professionals while also working independently to complete projects.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with organizational and time management skills
- Strong initiative and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, courteousness) with a service mindset
- Efficient research skills
- Familiarity with computer hardware and software
- Understanding of ERP business systems
Physical Demands:Ability to lift 50 lbs
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 85 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Hartness, an ITW Company:
Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program. Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.