Hartness, an ITW Company is looking for a manual machinist to run a manual Bridgeport mill meeting production requirements for parts needed daily. This position has primary responsibility for set-ups and production runs to machine metal, aluminum, and plastic parts for Hartness manufacturing of our world class specialty packaging industry products.
What you will do:
- You will receive orders from the production manager and make parts on the mill with material provided.
- You will make the parts needed from daily production orders and do your quality inspections at the machine with measuring tools provided.
- You will have a daily goal of orders/parts to make and work towards achieving daily shop goals.
What we are looking for:
- Ability work well within a team environment to produce quality materials for our production and manufacturing teams
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Ability to comprehend specifications provided within orders and translate them to the desired parts per blue print orders
- Familiarity with reading and comprehending blue prints/schematics
- Understanding safety rules of the shop and the equipment
Education and Experiences:
- Associates Degree in a related field (such as Machine Tool Technology courses) or equivalent certifications
- 1-3 Years of Experience of machine shop Exp.
- Experience with manual milling part making in prior work experience
- Experience with reading blue prints and measuring tools
- Experience working in manufacturing environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work standing full shift in Laser dept.
- Ability to work 8 to 10 hour days and some Saturdays.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 85 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Hartness, an ITW Company:
Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program. Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.