ITW is a fortune 200 diversified, industrial manufacturing company founded on innovation, teamwork and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. For over 100 years, ITW Employees have kept this spirit alive. Within our culture of respect and shared risk-taking, our employees have the creative freedom and the ITW resources to pursue ideas that lead to customer-focused solutions. Together, we are ITW, a company dedicated to creating opportunities to learn, grow, and build your career.
Hartness, a division of ITW, is a leading supplier of secondary packaging equipment for global beverage, food, and personal care markets. Our goal is to deliver maximum overall equipment efficiencies to world class manufacturers, along with aftermarket parts and service.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, education assistance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k) plan designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Finance Manager reports to the Division Controller and is responsible for driving the timely preparation of financial statements, reviewing and monitoring internal controls, preparation of budgets and reporting of financial results to the appropriate level within the organization. The Finance Manager manages a team and supports the Division Controller and the broader leadership team to achieve division goals and objectives by implementing financial tools and reporting.
Financial Planning, Reporting and Controls:
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of Divisional financial information and customer facing metrics in compliance with ITW policies and GAAP that support the needs of the business.
- Facilitate and complete timely month/quarter/annual close requirements and consolidation procedures as required by the division and corporation.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate the exchange of financial information to key stakeholders.
- Apply the ITW Principles (80/20, Simplification, In-lining, Segmentation, Market Rate of Demand) to eliminate complexity and improve profitability of the company. Participate in teams and play a lead role in the collection and analysis of data for these projects.
- Plan and prepare for audit requirements (internal/external); and implement necessary recommendations in a timely manner.
Operating Analysis and Planning:
- Collaborate with other functional areas to plan and prepare for annual and long range business planning and monthly outlook/forecasting in compliance with ITW processes, giving guidance and advice to other managers as it relates to financial matters.
- Perform analytical reviews of data and explain variances against plan, outlook and prior year. Identify opportunities and areas where improvement or change is needed.
- Manage physical inventories and inventory grading per policy on a periodic basis, assist in reduction of MOH and Slow-Moving and Obsolete inventory.
- Evaluate and give guidance on projects that require additional investment of assets and resources with the goal of improving the profitability of the company.
Leadership and Talent Development:
- Develop and lead a mid-size team of accounting professionals focused on profitable growth and simplifying business processes.
- Identify, lead, and develop talent to maximize individual, team, and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals. This includes, but is not limited to, selecting and on-boarding talent, creating a culture of engagement, goal alignment, and coaching through feedback, development planning, and performance management.
- Build cross-department credibility, confidence, and collaboration with other functional areas.
- Champion change management throughout the organization.
- BS/BA degree in accounting, CPA or CMA preferred, MBA a plus
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in financial and cost reporting and analysis
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SOX/Internal Compliance requirements
- Demonstrated manufacturing experience including job costing and project accounting preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and forecasting skills
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement and simplification
- Ability to shift priorities and timelines through analysis and problem solving
- Effective talent management and development of others
- Flexible self-starter that adapts well to change
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems
- ERP system conversion experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills