Hartness, an ITW Company is looking for an enthusiastic sales intern to join our sales department and get hands-on business training and real world experience. This opportunity allows an individual to broaden their understanding of how a company’s objectives, environment and strategies tie together to meet sales targets.
The primary responsibilities of this position will include working with the market focused sales team to learn about the different aspects of the sales cycle; participating in sales planning and translating market insights in order to accelerate market growth. The candidate will be involved in a broad range of projects, including both strategic and tactical sales while working closely with internal stakeholders across several functions to analyze and communicate industry trends effectively into sales and marketing tools. This is an excellent opportunity to gain real sales experience and build customer relationship skills with a global market leader.
What you will do:
- Work with sales and marketing team to develop effective sales strategies / best practice business cases for pipeline projects to accelerate growth.
- Assist the strategic market sales management team with executing voice of customer interviews to understand sub market unmet needs and customer pain points to define market specific sales strategy.
- Work with the technical sales team to develop analytics-based sales collateral in effort to help differentiate Hartness technology vs the competitor market.
- Translate key learnings from voice of customer activity and analytic based sales collateral into differentiated, compelling sales presentations. Present sales presentations with market sales managers at targeted customer manufacturing and corporate locations for direct experience in the B2B sales process.
What we are looking for:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Sales/Sales Management, Advertising, Engineering, Marketing, Business, Economics, or other related field, having completed at least freshmen year and maintained a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Effective communicator capable of independent as well as team collaboration
- Self-motivated team member committed to timely completion of assignments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Negotiation, finance and analytical skills
- Creative and flexible thought process
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 85 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Hartness, An ITW Company
Hartness is a leading secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to meet our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.