Night Picking Coordinator
SUMMARY: To assist the Night Operations Manager, Night Picking Supervisor, and Night Operations Lead to ensure a smooth workflow in the Picking departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the daily workflow of the and Picking areas;
- Accurately update the WMS of all movements and changes to stock;
- Train new employees in the picking department;
- Hands-on coordination of work while working alongside Picking Associates as needed;
- Update and report daily activities of departments to the Night Ops Manager and/or Night Picking Supervisor;
- Provide productivity reports for picking associates;
- Assist in the shift start up and clean-up.
- Investigate and resolve inventory issues that affect groups;
- Assist and make recommendations to improve overall operations;
- Document performance issues so individuals can be addressed by Night Ops Lead or Manager;
- Keep picking areas neat and orderly;
- Special projects as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: As Assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Proven work record consisting of high productivity;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.;
- Ability to operate Counter Balance, Walkie Rider, and Order Picker equipment;
- PC skills and familiarity with HBG’s or similar WMS required;
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency technology helpful;
- Experience Leading/Managing product and/or people;
- Excellent attendance record;
- Ability to work with others;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks;
- Leadership, training, oral and written communications skills required.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: At least a HS diploma or equivalent and 2 years of experience in a warehouse environment.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.