Ebook Developer (Open to Remote)
Workman Publishing seeks a detail-oriented ebook developer. The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter, organized, and have strong time-management skills with the ability to prioritize both assigned and self-assigned work in a fast-paced environment. In this role you will work to produce ebook files in-house, perform quality assurance, help to manage the ebook production schedule to ensure content from the relevant departments is received and updated in a timely manner, and work with files to alter design elements and tag as needed. You will ensure that our ebooks meet established standards and will work with the digital production manager to streamline our existing workflows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and produce front and backlist digital book editions to publishing industry standards.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of current ebook and digital technologies (EPUB3), with the ability to apply skills to titles heavy with art (photographs and illustrations) in a reflowable format.
- Review and ensure content consistency, design, and cross-platform functionality.
- Comply with all aspects of quality assurance, including debugging known issues.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a technical field).
- 2-3 years of experience in book publishing.
- Prior experience with ebook design, book design, or HTML development experience.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Proficient knowledge of HTML, CSS, and XML
- Experience with managing a production calendar.
- Be well-organized and have attention to detail
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The compensation range for this position is $55,000 to $65,000. Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your role or exceptional workload issues or special projects. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k), incentive plan eligibility, educational training opportunities and more.