A Compliance Representative is responsible for the set up and maintenance of compliance relationships with customers, and includes the on-boarding of new customers, reviewing new requirements for established customers, and assisting with scheduled, proactive reviews of key account websites for updates and new compliance information. The Compliance Department is a proactive team, responsible for representing HBG and our distribution clients with accuracy, integrity and excellent customer service. This entry-level position will report to the Compliance Manager.
*This will be a remote position initially but candidates must be able to eventually report to the office located in downtown Boston.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiate sound agreements with retail customers on behalf of HBG and its publishing clients
- Serve as point of contact for HBG departments, distribution clients (clients), and customers, managing communication of all compliance related information, and assisting in the negotiation of agreements, exemptions, and waivers
- Assist with process improvement projects, and the training of various groups in areas such as SharePoint usage, post account launch support, and working with customer web portals
- Assist with creating and maintaining compliance reports and metrics
- Assist with archiving digital and paper documentation in SharePoint
- Other duties as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 1 to 2 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated communication (written & verbal) and collaboration skills, with the ability to work and communicate effectively with both individuals and groups, at all levels of an organization
- Friendly and professional demeanor with a positive, customer service oriented attitude
- Flexibility to handle varying assignments simultaneously, and ability to accommodate shifting priorities
- Self-starter with a high desire to achieve goals
- Attention to detail/accuracy in work
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to work independently on a project, and see it through to completion
- Resourcefulness - ability to think creatively to find solutions
- Desire to effect change and improve processes
- Vendor Compliance, Customer Management and/or Supply Chain experience preferred
- Familiarity with EDI preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
OFFICE SOFTWARE/SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Willingness to learn and use unfamiliar technology/systems
- SharePoint experience a plus
- Zendesk experience a plus
- Syncrofy experience a plus
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation range of $41,000-$45,000. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.