Digital Ad Manager, Little, Brown
We are seeking a motivated self-starter with a track record in online and social media advertising campaigns to work within the Little, Brown and Company marketing department and report to the Senior Director of Marketing Operations. Ad strategies will be driven by the needs of single-title campaigns, holiday and current event campaigns, and wide-ranging brand campaigns for major repeating authors like Michael Connolly, Elin Hilderbrand, David Sedaris, and Malcolm Gladwell. The candidate must be able to handle multiple campaigns while working within a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively conceptualize, execute, and analyze results-driven digital ad campaigns for a list of more than a hundred new books published annually, as well as a backlist of bestselling and acclaimed titles. Ad platforms can range from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to Google search/display, Reddit, YouTube, and Amazon search—and new tactics as they emerge.
- Create results-oriented digital ad plans, executing and optimizing digital ad plans (including creating effective ad copy)
- Identify relevant audiences and industry trends (including competitor analysis), working within a clear campaign budget, and delivering clear and actionable reporting of digital ad results on a regularly occurring basis.
- Collaborate with Little, Brown title marketers in establishing campaign goals and audience targets and liaise with the Hachette Book Group corporate marketing strategy division.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Skilled at planning and executing social media campaigns; proficiency with social media and a solid understanding of best practices of each platform
- Understanding of digital ad statistics, benchmarks, and reporting, and the ability to both communicate and take action on that information
- Ability to analyze trends in sales and marketing and to use research to contribute to the creation of proactive marketing campaigns and plans
- Knowledge of the book industry—notably literary fiction, commercial fiction, mystery/thriller, and serious nonfiction
- A team player with great written and in-person communication habits
- Proven ability to learn new technology
- Ability to transition between innovative brainstorming and attention to details and deadlines
- Aptitude for thriving in a work environment that is fast-paced, nimble, and flexible
- 2+ years of marketing experience with relevant experience in the categories we publish.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation range of $50,000-$55,000. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.