6a Refurbishment Associate
SUMMARY: To refurbish and repackage product per customer work orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Refurbish non-mint product into mint condition including inspecting, cleaning, re-jacketing, stickering, and/or repacking the books;
- Verify pallets of product on the dock to confirm correct stock has been received (driver’s responsibility);
- Operate label / sticker machines when needed;
- Complete all required paperwork for each work order;
- Assist in new employee or temporary employee training/orientation.
- special projects as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: As assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to perform all job functions required for refurb, HUK, stickering, marking, and/or series sorts.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner.
- Ability to identify and communicate issues as they arise to the department lead or supervisor.
- Proven basic math skills.
- Proven work ethic.
- Good attendance record.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent to at least a high school education and relevant related work experience.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.