Digital Marketing Manager
Hachette Book Group's Executive Marketing Strategy department is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to develop content for Hachette Book Group's direct-to-consumer newsletters.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for the creation, management, development, and QA of our direct-to-consumer email campaigns while contributing to the growth and effectiveness of the Hachette email marketing program through acquisition campaigns. We are looking for a team player who can collaborate with other members of the email team to manage workflow, understands, and applies email best practices. This is a role within our central marketing strategy group, so the role will also be responsible for coordinating with different departments across Hachette Book Group in support of our imprints.
This position reports to the Director of Consumer Marketing in Hachette Book Group's Executive Marketing Strategy department.
We are looking for the candidate to be based in the NY office with a hybrid office/work-from-home schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creation, management, development, and QA of approximately 15-20 consumer email campaigns per month
- Oversee audience development and segmentation within our database and perform regular audits to enhance our lists
- Email marketing flow setup, segmentation, and campaign blasts to increase customer retention and lifetime value
- Experience with building marketing automations to optimize e-commerce transactions and retargeting campaigns
- Development of acquisition campaigns to grow our database and re-engage inactive subscribers
- Understanding of email marketing analytics, audience development, and segmentation
- Implement the email strategy to increase list growth, generate quality revenue-generating leads, and increase conversion rates
- Coordinating with internal and external partners to develop content for our newsletters and verticals
- Support the discovery and implementation of a new ESP solution for our direct-to-consumer marketing email campaigns
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 4-5 years minimum experience in email marketing
- Experience working with Mailchimp or enterprise ESP
- Proficiency in digital tools: Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Canva, Viral Sweep, Formstack
- Knowledgeable in HTML and CSS
- Familiar with GDPR and CCPA requirements as they apply to email marketing
- Proactive and capable of taking ownership of projects
- Superb organizational skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Able to adapt quickly and keep up to date on the latest digital trends
- A great communicator who can collaborate with multiple teams
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your roll or exceptional workload issues or special projects. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k), incentive plan eligibility, educational training opportunities and more.