Associate Publicist/Publicist, Hachette Books
Hachette Books/Hachette Go is seeking an Associate Publicist or Publicist (based on experience) to join our close-knit publicity team. We’re looking for a dynamic, creative, enthusiastic individual to help keep our authors and groundbreaking books in the news. We publish across several categories, including narrative non-fiction, current events, pop culture, memoir, history, cooking, and self-help.
As part of the Hachette Books/Hachette Go publicity team, you’ll handle nonfiction publicity campaigns from early stages through publication, including creating press materials, planning events, facilitating reviews and feature pieces, booking interviews, arranging travel, and working closely with our marketing, editorial, and art departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support on a wide array of books by high-profile authors in a range of non-fiction categories
- Create press material including press releases, pitch letters, and Q&A’s
- Bring, develop, and maintain relationships with broadcast, print and online media to secure reviews and features in national, regional, and local media
- Coordinate and execute media campaigns, implement review copy mailings, and manage media lists
- Plan and coordinate in-person and virtual author book tours and arrange author travel where needed
- Cultivate and maintain author relationships
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other departments: editorial, marketing, sales, etc.
- General administrative duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- At least 2 – 4 years of publicity experience
- Extensive major media contacts and experience creating and executing highly successful title-based media campaigns preferred
- Excellent written, oral, organizational, and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently to deliver timely, accurate work while demonstrating good follow-up and follow-through
- Must have good time management skills, be organized and detail-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking
- Experience publicizing works by authors from underserved/underrepresented backgrounds and communities preferred
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and a love of books are a must
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your role or exceptional workload issues or special projects. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k), incentive plan eligibility, educational training opportunities and more.