8 Picking Coordinator
SUMMARY: To assist Picking Supervisor and Leads to ensure a smooth work flow through the Picking area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate workflow of assigned Picking Aisle.
- Monitor performance under direction of supervisor and/or lead, with attention to quality, productivity and teamwork.
- Train new employees on how to pick both in Flow Racks, GTP and in the Mezzanine Area as instructed in the Picking Procedures Guide; also training employees on RF handhelds to put away stock in all areas of Picking.
- Monitor and work with employees on carton cubing and packing of cartons.
- Perform regular picking duties as needed.
- Assist in daily start-up and/or clean-up as assigned.
- Report problems to Supervisor and/or Lead and suggest problem resolution;
- Special projects as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: As assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds;
- Ability to stand on concrete for 8 hours/day;
- Proven work record consisting of high productivity;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work well with others;
- Good attendance record;
- Ability to work overtime as required;
- Strong knowledge of picking and restocking functions;
- Knowledge of or ability to train on Company WMS and WMT systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent to at least a high school diploma and experience in Picking.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.