Marketing Manager, Hachette Nashville
Hachette Nashville, a division of Hachette Book Group, seeks a Marketing Manager to join our collaborative and enthusiastic marketing team. This role leads the consumer marketing initiatives for Hachette Nashville imprints (FaithWords, Center Street, Worthy, WorthyKids, and Ellie Claire), works under the supervision of the marketing director, and reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops marketing programs, designs marketing strategies, and implements marketing campaigns with the goal of delivering on sales expectations, growing audiences, driving traffic and engagement, and achieving overall marketing objectives
- Assists in executing print, web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising for assigned titles
- Works as liaison with the publicity team to amplify publicity coverage achieved for assigned titles
- Develops and curates branded content, including websites, eNewsletters, blog posts, shareable graphics, downloadable resources, and videos for assigned titles
- Manages marketing budgets for each campaign, regularly monitors expenditures, and prepares summary assessments and reports
- Incorporates insights and data about available audiences into marketing strategies to reach them through advertising, promotions, and social media outreach
- Coordinates influencer marketing initiatives, working with authors, agents, and team resources to identify, secure, and implement influencer strategies for assigned titles
- Communicates directly with authors, agents, and editorial team to present, refine, and execute marketing plans and platforms and collaborate to build author brands
- Analyzes key metrics to tweak strategies as needed and monitors effective benchmarks
- Compiles reports to track and evaluate marketing and advertising campaign results and shares with management on goals (ROI and KPI’s)
- Assists digital manager and marketing director in coordinating campaigns to grow all Hachette Nashville social media platforms and eNewsletter subscribers
- Organizes annual seasonal promotions such as New Year/New You, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Graduation, Summer Reads, BTS, Halloween, and Christmas
- Actively leads and participates in internal meetings, as well as meetings with authors, agents, and sales
- Assists acquisitions process by analyzing and reporting on marketability of potential projects and author platforms
- Assists in creation of presentations (i.e. PowerPoint, Canva, etc.) for acquisitions and author/agent marketing meetings
- Performs market research to assess team readiness and keep team up to date on new platforms and marketing methods
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 4 years of experience in marketing with a strong digital focus
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- Experience executing paid social media campaigns
- Experience with search engine optimization, lead generation, and email marketing
- Must have understanding of website metrics and best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Data management and tracking skills
- Knowledge of video and picture editing software, such as Adobe Suite
- Understanding of social media platforms, including Google Analytics
- Excellent problem-solving and written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to track multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your roll or exceptional workload issues or special projects. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k), incentive plan eligibility, educational training opportunities and more.
The following benefits are offered by the company: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life, short-term and long-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, critical illness, hospital indemnity, long-term care, health and dependent care FSA, commuter benefit plan, employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, travel assistance, 401(k), discretionary bonus program, PTO (15 vacation days, 2 personal days, 10 holidays and generous sick leave) and group discounts on auto and home insurance and legal services. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification, hours worked and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific elections, plan, or program terms.