2:30p Maintenance Helper
SUMMARY: Responsible for janitorial duties within the entire DC, PC and RC facilities. Will also assist other maintenance staff as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining office, break room, restroom areas on a daily basis according to a developed schedule;
- Must operate basic janitorial equipment (carpet cleaner, vacuum, etc.);
- Must operate two types of warehouse floor scrubber equipment (walk behind and person on equipment);
- Responsible for maintaining janitorial supply inventories;
- Additional duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May be asked to fill in for other maintenance staff as needed.
- May be asked to operate material handling battery change equipment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work both independently and with groups in a productive and consistent manner;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to utilize basic tools for janitorial duties;
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds;
- Ability to work at elevated heights;
- Good work ethic;
- Good communication skills;
- Good attendance
- Must obtain powered Equipment Certification through company training
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: At least a high school diploma or equivalent.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training