9:30a Shipping Associate II
SUMMARY: Assemble and assure all orders to be shipped are accurate, intact, have proper paperwork attached, and are sent via the appropriate carrier.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Get customers orders together by inducting freight into the system (throwing cops and bops), pulling fops and scanning cartons to the appropriate dock spot.
- Scan bags and non-conveyorables cartons.
- Wrap and restage completed dock pallets.
- Work with shipping office to obtain appropriate documents needed to send out the order.
- Communication – must report all problems to supervisor.
- Operate warehouse vehicles to load shipments on trucks.
- Sweep and clean the shipping dock after trucks are loaded and set up the dock for the following day.
- Additional duties as assigned by the lead or supervisor.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: As assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physically challenging-ability to lift up to 50 lbs. - for extended hours.
- Ability to operate Walkie Riders, Hand Electric Trucks and Counterbalance Trucks.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Math skills-High school level.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proven work ethic.
- Good Attendance.
- Ability to operate a hand-held (RF) computer
- Trouble shooting ability.
- PC and RF knowledge helpful.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: At least a high school diploma or equivalent.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.