Senior Publicist, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
The Senior Publicist will create and independently implement event and media efforts for Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (LBYR) authors and illustrators, working on titles for readers ages 0-18.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for implementing original and compelling publicity plans for key titles each season through media campaigns, industry, and author events
- Create press releases, pitch letters and media lists with a goal of securing national and regional coverage in print, broadcast, and online outlets
- Orchestrate author tours, pre-publication buzz tours, media lunches, industry events, and local author appearances
- Communicates with editorial and sales departments as part of a cohesive publicity effort for each title
- Strengthen and develop media and bookstore contacts
- Spearhead author involvement at literary festivals, building rapport with festival organizers
- Foster strong relationships with LBYR authors and illustrators
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 5+ years’ experience working in a professional public relations or media environment,
- Established relationships, or the ability to develop relationships, with media contacts who cover children’s books
- Effective communication skills (oral & written) for interactions with media, authors and in-house constituencies
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Should have a passion for books, particularly children’s literature
- Ability to work well independently as well as in collaborative team environments
- Self-motivated, persistent, goal-oriented individual
- Effective organizational and project management skills
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.