Nights Equipment Operator - Bulk Storage
SUMMARY: To pick and locate stock using wire-guided Turret trucks and Order Picking vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Productivity-must work steadily to locate and pick stock within timelines established by the Bulk Storage Supervisor;
- Accuracy-verify stock counts and properly locate and pick product using warehouse vehicles;
- Update stock records on WMS utilizing computers on trucks and RF monitors;
- Work independently to meet established department standards;
- Communication-report any discrepancies or problems to supervisor or lead;
- Reliability-must be dependable in working established shift schedules;
- Special projects as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: As Assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs;
- Ability to operate hand-held computer;
- Strong hand-eye coordination;
- Ability to operate Walkie Rider, Counter Balance, Turret Truck, and Order Picker vehicles;
- PC and RF knowledge helpful;
- Math skills-High school level;
- Good communication skills and attention to detail;
- Good attendance;
- Good work ethic;
- Trouble shooting ability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Equivalent to at least a high school diploma.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.