Summer 2020 Art Intern
Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 1st – August 7th and allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest.As an Art Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings.
We have art internship opportunities at:
- Grand Central Publishing
- Hachette Books
- Little, Brown
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
Who you are:
- A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing and majoring or minoring in graphic design
- Interest in print production as well as digital assets
- Knowledge or interest in photo retouching
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
- Must have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and an understanding of layout and typography.
What you will learn:
- Mechanical Production and routing
- Participating in your own design project
- Filing and other administrative duties as necessary (such as invoicing and onboarding of independent contractors).
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume, cover letter, and a sample of your work as a PDF or a link to your portfolio.
Cover letters should specify which publishing groups you are interested in exploring. To learn more about our groups, check out our website: https://www.hachettebookgroup.com/imprints/.