Financial Analyst (New York/Hybrid)
The Hachette Book Group Finance department is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to support our publishing business units and assist the corporate finance function. The successful candidate will help develop, communicate and monitor departmental budgets and forecasts and will conduct analysis to assist business partners in assessing the financial impact of business decisions.
*Please note that this is an immediate opening.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review monthly financial results and analyze key variances.
- Assist in evaluating title acquisitions and developing proforma P&Ls.
- Prepare and review post-publication title profitability analysis.
- Preparing monthly profit-sharing statements as part of the month-end close.
- Support editorial and operation teams with ad-hoc financial projects.
- Master using Hachette’s internal reporting and planning tools.
- Assist in the budget and reforecast process.
- Assist in KPI (key performance indicator) collection and reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- 1-2 years of financial analysis experience.
- Strong proficiency in Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint.
- Prior database experience and ability to manage and analyze large data sets.
- Ability to deliver on numerous projects on tight deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills due to exposure to senior management.
- Knowledge of Oracle and Smart View a plus.
- An interest in book publishing.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your roll or exceptional workload issues or special projects. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k), incentive plan eligibility, educational training opportunities and more.