Front-end Web Developer/Designer
Hachette Book Group is currently looking for a Front End Web Developer/Designer to work on a variety of web application design initiatives, playing an integral role in all aspects of the development life cycle. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced environment, working on multiple projects and teams with a positive, collaborative attitude. This is a full time position reporting to the Creative Director, Web Services Manager. The role will evolve and move forward with the latest design trends.
- Update and creation of subpages on Hachettebookgroup.com
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of page templates for all of our imprint and sub imprint properties
- Develop, design, and maintain author sites and themed verticals within our Wordpress CMS
- HTML newsletter design and implementation in MailChimp across all imprints
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Strategy team in the development of content and visual assets for HBG.com and other sites
- Very strong knowledge of CSS3, HTML5
- Very strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Experience working with Wordpress
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes or plugins a plus
- Experience working with Bootstrap a plus
- A rock solid design eye
- Experience working in an Agile environment and with bug tracking systems (i.e. JIRA) a plus.
- Experience working with revision control systems such as Git and SourceTree strongly preferred.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities, timely and efficiently within a fast paced, deadline oriented environment required
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of web usability and accessibility as it applies to web content
- 3+ years of experience successfully publishing and contributing to websites using HTML, CSS, WordPress.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Web Production or equivalent combination of education and experience
*All candidates must provide a link to an online portfolio as part of the application process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation range of $65,000-$75,000. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.