SUMMARY: This person will perform engineering evaluations and analysis on both current and new operation designs, work flows and procedures and suggest methods to ensure maximum utilization and efficiencies for all three facilities. (S)he will also be responsible for optimizing labor results through the use of the Labor Management System (LMS) and by development and maintenance of engineering methods and standards for Indiana warehouse operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the study, design, application, analysis, test and preparations of specifications and processes related to the work flow of the DC, RC and PC operations.
- Regularly monitor and analyze work flow metrics using the Labor Management System (LMS) and provide data supported feedback to the operation management team.
- Assist the operation management team in identifying needed adjustments to procedures and/or department layout to improve work flow by using software and technologies like AutoCAD.
- Maintain HBG Engineered Labor Standards and uploading such data in the LMS.
- Assist operations as an LMS super user that can train and support the use of the LMS.
- Map and document processes.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Utilize Six Sigma/Lean Processing tools. Six Sigma/Lean Processing certification preferred.
- Research opportunities and present recommendations to the management team on ways to leverage industry tends and the latest technological advantages for warehousing
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
- Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
- Operates ethically: admits mistakes, treats others with respect, trust, and dignity, demonstrates honest and ethical behavior, and follows through on commitments and agreements
- Strong understanding of and ability to operate all HBG powered equipment.
- Proficient AutoCAD user.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: At least Bachelor’s degree in related field. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (minimum) certified preferred.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.