Maintenance Technician II (2:30pm-10:30pm)
SUMMARY: Responsible for performing preventive maintenance on conveyors and performing maintenance repairs on plumbing, electrical, mechanical, or building problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic electrical repair in 480/277 and 208/120 volt 3 phase system;
- Conveyor maintenance repair;
- Mechanical maintenance repair;
- Basic electrical controls repair;
- Plumbing repair;
- Building maintenance repair;
- Basic forklift repair;
- Good communication skills;
- Other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must fill in for other maintenance staff as needed.
- May be asked to research project materials to include price quotes and purchase order generation.
- Must be able to work flexible, rotating schedule.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work both independently and with groups in a productive and consistent manner;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to utilize tools required for preventive and repair maintenance procedures;
- Ability to lift and carry weights up to 75 pounds;
- Ability to work at elevated heights;
- Reliability and flexibility;
- Good work ethic;
- Must obtain Equipment Certification through company training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: At least a high school diploma or equivalent and 3 years experience in related position.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.