VP, Sales, International, Canada & Special Markets
SUMMARY: The VP Sales, International, Canada and Special Markets will lead and manage these three groups overseeing the sales and account marketing for HBG and HBG Client titles. The VP will be responsible for maximizing sales, setting and meeting budgets, working with a wide array of customers. They will determine and set priorities for each group. The VP will be responsible for all aspects of these businesses and collaborate with colleagues in many adjacent areas as well as with Hachette’s international offices. The position will work closely with the EVP, Sales and other senior sales management colleagues. As part of the senior sales management team this person will participate in and contribute to many departmental and corporate initiatives in a highly collaborative environment.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage three disparate departments, finding synergies where possible
- Set strategic priorities for each group
- Manage channel leads and day-to-day activities
- Lead account negotiations and evaluate account proposals
- Set standards and policies for each channel
- Develop reporting and analysis to find and exploit sales opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with HBG publishers as well as our client publishers and our key accounts
- 10+ years in sales with management and related experience
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to manage and lead remotely
- Presentation and sales skills
- Strong analytical and operational skills
- Collaborative work-style
- Experience in sales outside of traditional book channels; book sales experience in international, Special Markets or Canadian channels a plus
- Must be strategic and detail oriented
- Great communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and Internationally
- Book enthusiast
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our staff and our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas that shape our society. We are committed to working together and with all our partners to foster diversity and a culture of inclusion, so that HBG can provide a truly welcoming and fulfilling environment for all employees and publish books that appeal to all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For CO Applicants: This position has a minimum compensation range of $120,000.