2:30p Nights Equipment Operator - Shipping
SUMMARY: Assemble and assure all orders being loaded are accurate, intact, have proper paperwork attached, and are sent via the appropriate carrier. Pick and locate stock using Turret trucks and Order Pickers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Load trucks assigned by the lead or supervisor, assuring they are loaded accurately.
- Wrap and restage completed dock pallets.
- Work with shipping office to obtain appropriate documents needed to send out the order.
- Communication – must report any discrepancies or problems to supervisor.
- Sweep and clean the shipping dock after trucks are loaded and set up the dock for the following day.
- Productivity- must work steadily to locate and pick orders within timelines established by Bulk Storage Supervisor.
- Accuracy- verify stock counts and properly locate and pick product using trucks and RF monitors.
- Update stock records on WMS utilizing computers on trucks and RF monitors.
- Work independently to meet established department standards.
- Reliability – must be dependable in working established shift schedules.
- Special projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physically challenging-ability to lift up to 50 lbs.- for extended hours.
- Ability to operate Walker Rider, Counter Balance, Turret truck Order Pickers.
- PC and RF knowledge helpful.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Math skills-High school level.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proven work ethic.
- Good Attendance.
- Trouble shooting ability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At least a high school diploma or equivalent.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.