Children’s Field and Educational Sales Manager
The Children’s Field and Educational Sales Manager is responsible for working closely with Educational Wholesaler and Independent Bookstore Sales teams. This will include coordinating both sell-in and overall presentation preparation including strategy, competitor information, marketing and publicity information, and detailed sales analysis. The role is also responsible for providing necessary follow-up regarding promotions and sell-through efforts.
This role provides sales support and resources for the sales force to maximize sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with key Educational Wholesale and Independent Bookstore Sales teams to ensure reps are prepared to sell with strategic knowledge, competitor information, marketing and publicity information, and relevant sales analysis. Providing follow-up assistance on execution of promotions and sell-through.
- Provide sales analysis to management and publishers on frontlist and backlist title performance at independent bookstore accounts and educational wholesalers.
- Provide detailed Independent Bookstore marketplace sales analytics, both account and publisher specific.
- Provide detailed Educational Wholesale marketplace sales analytics, both account and publisher specific.
- Collaborate with Field Sales Director and Children’s Educational team regarding initiatives and projects.
- Attend both relevant external account meetings as well as internal meetings.
- Liaise between key HBG and Distribution Client Children’s marketing and publicity personnel and the HBG Sales Team providing support including seasonal sales promotions and overall selling needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 5+ years previous trade publishing and/or or sales experience in Children’s books.
- Well-organized and capable of juggling multiple projects at one time; personable.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Database and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written); confident presenter with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills required, must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment, and be able to work independently. Must be results driven.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through, managing time effectively.
- Ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization
- Enthusiasm for children’s books; pre-publication reading a must.
- Candidate must be able to travel via car, train and plane approximately 10-20% and be adaptable and willing to work evenings and weekends when necessary - author dinners, trade shows, etc.