Senior Network Engineer
The Sr. Network Engineer plays a key role within the IT Infrastructure team. The person in this role is expected to be a mentor to more junior Network Engineers on the team and will work closely with the Director to define technology used by the team and to deliver team strategy and planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and subject-matter expertise on networking technologies, especially Cisco.
- Architect highly available, redundant networks and oversee disaster recovery planning and design as well as capacity planning.
- Participate in a 24 x7 on-call support rotation.
- Ensure that network infrastructure is meeting best practices and standards and are effectively monitored and meeting performance requirements.
- Work to ensure the team is aligned with business needs.
- Escalated troubleshooting of advanced issues.
- Enforce and oversee the release and change management processes as it relates to network management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Extensive and demonstrated project-focused and operational experience with network engineering in a high-availability, fault tolerant, consumer-facing, b2b, or SaaS environment and a strong passion for networking and technology.
- A strong methodical approach to troubleshooting technology issues.
- Expert experience with and subject-matter expert on Cisco technologies including CatOS, IOS, and ASA.
- Deep understanding of LAN/WAN networking fundamentals with demonstrated experience implementing and architecting complex networks using protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Past experience running networks that support telecom infrastructure.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
- Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate.
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.