The Compliance Manager is responsible for leading a team that negotiates sound agreements with retail customers on behalf of HBG and its publishing clients as well as manages all EDI relationships with our retailers. The Compliance Manager is expected to manage operational governance, risk management and Compliance related process improvement for Hachette Book Group. This position reports to the Associate Director of Fulfillment Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set performance standards to successfully meet the service level needs of HBG, and its clients and customers, as well as plan, assign, and direct work in support of achieving these objectives
- Develop, support, and lead a team of 3-5 direct reports
- Develop expertise in HBG’s procedures, systems, and policies, and implement procedures to share that knowledge across the team
- Prioritize high-level company goals and enforce department protocols
- Serve as main point of contact for HBG departments, distribution clients, and customers, managing communication of all compliance related information, and assisting in the negotiation of agreements, exemptions, and waivers
- Lead process improvement projects, and the training of various groups in areas such as customer portal usage, post account launch support, and chargeback avoidance procedures
- Personally address and resolve high level customer and client escalation issues
- Partner with Claims Department to drive chargeback generation reduction and violation dispute excellence
- Report routinely on staffing, KPIs, progress on key initiatives, and overall status of the team. This includes taking part in routine business review presentations with leadership from our various client publishers and internal business units
- Other duties as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- College degree and 5 years relevant work experience
- Must be familiar with vendor compliance, supply chain management, order fulfillment, as well as domestic and import logistics.
- Strong strategic thinking and outstanding analytical/quantitative skills.
- Strong written, verbal communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills with an emphasis on problem solving, conflicting objectives, and dealing with multiple customers as well as varying levels within an organization both internally and externally.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage time, multiple tasks, and deadlines effectively.
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office suite, especially Excel required
- Experience with Project Management a plus
- Experience with reading and interpreting raw EDI data a plus
- Proven ability to work independently on a project, and see it through to completion
- Resourcefulness - ability to think creatively to find solutions
- Desire to effect change and improve processes
OFFICE SOFTWARE/SYSTEMS EXPERTISE
- Syncrofy preferred
- EDI strongly preferred
- SharePoint preferred
- Zendesk preferred
Hachette Book Group is a leading trade publisher in the U.S., and a division of Hachette Livre, the third largest trade and educational publisher in the world. Headquartered in New York, HBG also has major offices in Boston, MA, Boulder, CO, Brentwood, TN, Berkley, CA, Philadelphia, PA and Lebanon, IN. HBG also provides a wide range of distribution, fulfillment, digital and sales services to a number of third party publishers.