Operations Coordinator-Boston, MA
Hachette Book Group is a leading trade publisher in the U.S., and a division of Hachette Livre, the third largest trade and educational publisher in the world. Headquartered in New York, HBG also has major offices in Boston, MA, Lebanon, IN, and Nashville, TN. HBG publishes under the divisions of Little, Brown and Company, Little Brown Books for Young Readers, Grand Central Publishing, Orbit, Perseus, Hachette Nashville, and Hachette Audio. HBG also provides a wide range of custom distribution, fulfillment, digital and sales services to third party publisher clients.
The Operations Coordinator will direct the reporting and analysis efforts of the Fulfillment and Operations teams, responsible for providing top-notch customer service to retail accounts, Publisher clients, whose books we distribute and internal company departments, such as Distribution. We strive to ensure data integrity and to use data to inform business decisions to ensure profitability and efficiency. The coordinator will use a variety of internal database systems to extract and analyze data and provide analytical support to business units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn and become Super User of key systems, offering coaching to business units on systems use
- Analyze and extract data from a variety of sources including data warehouses BI systems and SaaS applications.
- Provide and monitor detailed summary reports, variance analysis and exception reports; apply metrics-based benchmarking, capacity modeling, utilization rates.
- Provide analytical support to fulfillment management and provide internal business groups and client business groups with ad hoc queries and requests
- Resolve complex inquiries and investigations related to supply chain issues and keep management informed on resolution
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience (internships ok). THIS IS AN ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION.
- Strong analytical skills and experience producing ad-hoc reports.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Database environments, BI systems, SQL queries, statistical software packages such as Minitab or SAS a plus.
- Ability to compile, model, and present data effectively.
- Results driven and ability to take appropriate steps to achieve goals, while taking ownership of work
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively to diverse stakeholders.
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring follow-through on projects and accuracy of work through attention to detail.