The Compliance Manager is responsible for leading a small team of Compliance Representatives that negotiate sound agreements with retail customers on behalf of HBG and its publishing clients. The Compliance Manager is expected to manage operational governance, risk management and Compliance related process improvement for Hachette Book Group. The Compliance Department is a proactive team, responsible for representing HBG and our distribution clients with accuracy, integrity and excellent customer service. This position reports to the Associate Director of Fulfillment Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set performance standards to successfully meet the service level needs of HBG, and its clients and customers, as well as plan, assign, and direct work in support of achieving these objectives
- Develop expertise in HBG’s procedures, systems, and policies, and implement procedures sharing that knowledge across the team
- Prioritize high-level company goals and enforce department protocols
- Serve as main point of contact for HBG departments, distribution clients (clients), and customers, managing communication of all compliance related information, and assisting in the negotiation of agreements, exemptions, and waivers
- Lead process improvement projects, and the training of various groups in areas such as post account launch support or working with customer web portals
- Personally address and resolve high level customer escalation issues
- Partner with Claims Department to drive chargeback generation reduction
- Report routinely on staffing, KPIs, progress on key initiatives, and overall status of the team to leadership. This includes taking part in routine business review presentations with leadership from our various client publishers and internal business units
- Other duties as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Demonstrated communication (written & verbal) and collaboration skills, with the ability to work and communicate effectively with both individuals and groups, at all levels of an organization
- Friendly and professional demeanor with a positive, customer service oriented attitude
- Flexibility to handle varying assignments simultaneously, and ability to accommodate shifting priorities
- Self-starter with a high desire to achieve goals
- Attention to detail/accuracy in work
- Proven ability to work independently on a project, and see it through to completion
- Resourcefulness - ability to think creatively to find solutions
- Desire to effect change and improve processes
- Project Management, Vendor Compliance, Customer Management, and/or Retail Supply Chain experience strongly preferred
OFFICE SOFTWARE/SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to learn and use unfamiliar technology/systems
- Microsoft Teams experience a plus
- Zendesk experience a plus
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, location, and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.