Associate Editor/Editor -- Forever
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced associate editor or editor with a track record of acquiring successful and profitable romance and commercial women’s fiction to join our team at Forever, an imprint of Grand Central Publishing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Solicit, read, evaluate, and develop manuscripts and proposals for acquisition.
- Collaborate effectively with authors and agents in all phases of the publishing process, from acquisition to publication and beyond.
- Work with publicity, art, sales.
- Establish and coordinate editorial/production schedules to ensure all projects are met in a timely manner.
- Research and provide information and strategic recommendations to the senior leadership team, with the goal of broadening the reach of the imprint.
- Develop ideas and outlines for IP projects.
- Successfully negotiate main contractual deal points with authors and agents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in publishing with established agent contacts.
- Editorial expertise in line editing, developmental editing, copywriting, and metadata optimization.
- A keen understanding of the romance and women’s fiction markets and trends within each category.
- A thorough understanding of the overall publishing process
- Self-motivated, hands-on, creative individual with exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Attentive to details in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product, and demonstrate good follow-up and follow-through.
- Strong initiative and judgment. Results-oriented and ability to work well independently as well as in collaborative or team environments.