Yen Press Design Intern
The Yen Press art department is seeking a full-time one year Intern to help design its rapidly growing list of manga, graphic novels, and light novels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing/routing jacket cover mechanicals
- Designing/routing interior layout mechanicals
- Packaging and preparing files for production
- Designing of monthly digital covers
- Filing and other administrative duties as necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Majoring/minoring in graphic design or illustration
- Must have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Attention to detail and an understanding of layout and typography
- Knowledge of or interest in manga and/or graphic novels a plus
**Please be sure to send a sample of your work as a PDF or a link to your portfolio.
About Yen Press, LLC
Yen Press, LLC is a joint venture between Kadokawa Corporation and Hachette Book Group, dedicated to publishing manga and graphic novels for adults and young readers. Founded in 2006, Yen Press has quickly risen to become one of the largest and most prolific publishers of manga and original graphic novels in the North American marketplace and has become a driving force in the introduction of light novels to new readers through its Yen On imprint. For more information, visit www.yenpress.com.