The EDI Specialist’s primary focus is coordinating the onboarding and maintenance of the EDI (electronic data interchange) relationships Hachette Book Group (HBG) and our client publishers have with over 800+ traditional and non-traditional book retailers. The EDI Specialist is the liaison between business departments and our technical teams in IT regarding EDI matters as well as other technical areas. This position also lends general technical expertise to foster improvements in business processes and workflows as they relate to EDI communication between HBG and our customer retail partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will work closely with the Sr. Technical Compliance Specialist, communicating on a daily basis with various stakeholders, including internal departments, our publisher clients, customers (retailers/wholesalers), and third party companies
- Review customer EDI setup requirements
- Provide information to our IT team for EDI setup and maintenance, prioritizing the list of all open projects based on client/customer needs, and HBG’s capacity
- Work to improve the overall EDI customer onboarding process
- Assist in identifying areas of improvement in HBG & client publisher processes for EDI and other technical areas, helping identify gaps in business processes and technology
- Manage the expectations of all stakeholders by proactively and clearly communicating project parameters, projected completion dates, and status updates in a timely manner
- Will learn and work with the following programs: Excel, X12 EDI Standard, PubEasy, Pubnet, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Sterling Integrator.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Superior communication skills (verbal/written)
- General technical aptitude and/or a strong willingness to learn
- Ability to convey technical concepts effectively
- Able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external to HBG
- Proactive in obtaining knowledge of HBG products, services, and business processes
- Demonstrated project management skills, including planning, prioritizing, and reporting for multiple, complex projects with sometimes conflicting priorities
- 1-2 years of work experience in a business operations or customer service environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must be a team player, with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Bachelor’s degree
- Basic experience with database and/or SQL queries a plus
- Experience with EDI and the ability to understand raw EDI data a plus
- Ability to understand and apply technical knowledge related to operations & business processes
- Experience communicating with technical teams, outlining technical projects, and providing effective feedback to ensure successful outcomes
- Familiarity with electronic feeds and order entry systems a plus
- Familiarity with general book retail industry terms/concepts a plus
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.