Product Management Assistant Manager
This position will join an operational team (non-technical) managing a diverse set of data and related operational processes. We are looking for someone with inherent curiosity who is interested in learning how our company and processes operate (both data/information flow and physical operational processes). Their focus is to ensure that time sensitive processes run reliably while maintaining metadata accuracy across systems and various data ingestion practices. This position will also participate in high-level projects, meetings, and process design.
The right candidate will have a strong attention to detail. The position will work closely with our customers, the HBG sales reps, IT, Publishing Operations, Data Control, Fulfillment, and Client Publishers. This is a great position for someone who likes solving puzzles, organizing processes, and enjoys working in a continuously evolving landscape.
- Oversee a group of 3-6 employees and participate in hiring and managerial activities.
- Direct, prioritize, and manage daily activities based on daily needs.
- Work with a range of user groups including editorial, sales/marketing, client partners, and technical teams to establish procedures, investigate/correct data-quality issues and collaborate on policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Engage in ongoing evaluation of data quality, identify anomalies and discrepancies, and contribute expertise to understanding the cause and implementing corrective measures.
- Enforce policies and procedures for the day-to-day operational and administrative management of processes within the group and across the organization.
- Optimize workflows and craft communications involving data and process flows.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Significant operational data management experience and proven track record in developing business practices/execution in data-related domain.
- Experience working with business, operational data, and technical teams to clearly document data governance and metadata requirements.
- Experienced in data governance/processes involving multiple database systems in an organization.
- Familiarity with data feeds such as API / XML (or specifically ONIX) highly desired but not required Proficiency with data transformation (Microsoft Excel, text editors) required.
- Experience with third party portal-based systems is a plus.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The compensation range for this position is $65,000 - $75,000. Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your role or exceptional workload issues or special projects.
The following benefits are offered by the company: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life, short-term and long-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, critical illness, hospital indemnity, long-term care, health and dependent care FSA, commuter benefit plan, employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, travel assistance, 401(k), discretionary bonus program, PTO (15 vacation days, 2 personal days, 10 holidays and generous sick leave) and group discounts on auto and home insurance and legal services. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification, hours worked and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific elections, plan, or program terms.