This position will support the Assistant Controller with daily and monthly work requirements of the Accounting department by preparing, reconciling, reviewing, and communicating accounting information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, analyze and create all related accounting with respect to Inventory Assets (Finished Goods, WIP, Prepub Costs, Paper, etc.).
- Examine and authorize payment of all production invoices.
- Calculate and process month-end journal entries.
- Prepare various month-end reports and analyses.
- Reconcile internally developed Costing System with Oracle AP/GL
- Assist with semi-annual and annual financial audits
- Participate in other special projects on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting with 1-2 years of related experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in Excel is required
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through close attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience
- Ability to gather and analyze complex information in a timely and organized manner
- Understand business implications of decisions and have ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment
- Skilled in researching and collecting data, monitoring progress and preparing reports for special projects
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed