The Paralegal will provide support to the General Counsel and other department attorneys and handle special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review agreements for sweepstakes, marketing, promotions, and social media; monitor compliance with FTC and legal requirements
- Work on company’s ethics and compliance programs and training; reviewing and preparing reports for parent company, Hachette Livre
- Support for the company’s privacy programs; monitoring company’s privacy policies and processes
- Maintain company’s trademarks portfolio; work with outside counsel on applications and renewals
- Prepare NDAs, charitable contributions, filings, and quitclaims
- Review bankruptcy claims and refer claims to Finance Department as needed
- Provide various legal department reports and documentation, as needed, for corporate parent
- Organize and maintain documents in electronic filing system and physical files
- Conduct legal research and analysis, as requested
- Handle special projects and other duties as assigned
- Assist in tracking work for and support of the department attorneys, as needed
- Bachelor’s or Paralegal degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read contracts and legal documents.
- IAPP CIPP/US certification strongly preferred but not necessary.
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple priorities while attending to details and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong research, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Basic understanding of U.S. rules and regulations relating to marketing and regulatory matters.
- Ability to interpret and prepare legal documents and communications.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills.
- Demonstrated natural ease and effectiveness when dealing and liaising with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion and confidentiality.