Sales Assistant, Client Services
Please note: this is an immediate opening
The Assistant will support the client sales department and the expanding sales efforts of our various clients. The assistant will run and review reports, prepare sales materials for sales representatives, update and ensure accuracy of title information in company and industry databases, provide occasional support on publicity efforts, research competitive title information (comps) for upcoming client titles and review client title proposals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise with the client team to help establish new and backlist title promotions, themed omnibus for Edelweiss, and key focus titles by channel.
- Create reports from SalesTracker and analyze sales data using advanced Excel functions.
- Maintain accurate title information in company databases (PubTracker, Vault, OTC, SalesTracker) and metadata in industry feeds (Edelweiss, Rose Onix).
- Assist with rep and publicity mailings, research, database maintenance, and coverage.
- Support the inventory team on frontlist ordering and allocation.
- Provide updated information for the weekly ‘change memo’ (updated pub dates, prices, publicity information etc.).
- Assist client services team with meeting preparation and title data analysis.
- Create and coordinate seasonal marketing and sales material including fact sheets, presentations, sell sheets, sell-in sheets for drop in titles, backlist promotions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Prior experience in sales and/or book publishing preferred.
- Must be extremely proficient in Excel (V Lookup, pivot tables) PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- Able to multi task, complete projects in a timely fashion, and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player eager to provide support for multiple projects as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.