Senior Supply Chain Analyst
Reporting to the SVP, Publishing Operations, the Senior Supply Chain Analyst will assist with demand forecasting, supply planning, performance analysis, and planning process support for the Strategic Publishing Operations team to ensure that supply planning, demand planning and inventory of books is managed and adjusted to support business needs in a timely way. This role will support the diverse range of authors, titles, and publishing divisions at Hachette Book Group, a leading US trade book publisher, as well as fulfillment, manufacturing, sales and warehouse operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop forecasting models for all titles by integrating demand drivers such as seasonal demand spikes, promotions, publicity campaigns, etc.
- Integrate channel specific forecasts into our models for HBG's best-selling titles.
- Maintain and update forecasts based on tracking actual POS data.
- Build forecast curve profiles and identify patterns based on title categories such as embargoed political books, best-selling young adult fiction, science fiction series, movie tie-in reissues, etc.
- Analyze data to help improve replenishment strategies by account.
- Establish appropriate timelines based on manufacturing lead-times and account-specific delivery requirements by utilizing demand software.
- Develop and maintain a KPI dashboard, measuring forecast accuracy and other critical supply chain measures.
- Perform post-mortem reviews of our key titles to improve decision-making processes.
Strategic and Operations Planning Support
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to refine forecast models.
- Collaborate with the Sales & Publishing departments to obtain current and accurate information that affect demand forecasts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- BA/BS/MS in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, etc.
- APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred.
- At least 2 years background in a demand planning/forecasting/Sales & Ops Planning (S&OP) environment.
- Experience forecasting in a business with a high number of new annual SKUs produced that require modeling demand based on historical POS data from comparative SKUs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Knowledge of Oracle Demantra or other demand planning-related software is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with various teams involved in the forecast process.
- Demonstrates an acceptance, and desire to learn about, diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts, and self-awareness and understanding of their own culture, identity, biases, and privileges.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation range of $70,000-$75,000. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.