Assistant Facilities Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with outstanding customer service skills and the ability to problem solve. The Assistant Facilities Manager must have the ability to assign appropriate level of urgency to specific situations and work on projects independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage 2 full time facility employees supporting 500 employees in a 140,000 square ft facility on 2 floors in mid-town Manhattan
- Work with facility team to setup rooms for events including support of various A/V equipment used in events
- Schedule moves to accommodate various departments.
- Maintain building operations and emergency procedure manuals, etc.
- Manage cleaning, painting, furniture repair, plumbing, electrical, lighting, and HVAC needs.
- Purchase office small office furniture (file cabinets, lamps, chairs, tables, etc.), as required.
- Assist with new hire set up in coordination with IT and Telephone Services
- Maintain fire & safety procedures for NY office
- Contribute to database for inventory of furniture and equipment and work order tickets
- Purchase office supplies as needed
- Direct staff in the monitoring and maintenance of pantries (ensure they’re well supplied and all equipment is in working condition), conference rooms and other heavily used spaces
- Liaison between clients and vendors (commercial movers, carpenters, security, building management and electricians)
- Assist Receptionist with coverage during absence, lunch hour or as needed
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and administrative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- The Asst. Facilities Manager must be comfortable interacting with all levels of personnel within the company, external customers, and vendors
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office suite
- Experience working with different types of A/V equipment/technology (e.g. WebEx, Cisco Telepresence, DVR recording, Crestron)
- Display a willingness to be flexible and exhibit a professional manner
- Flexibilitly required if additional work hours are needed
- Ability to lift between 30 – 40 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years Facilities experience
- Ability to read floor plans
- Strong knowledge of electrical and HVAC systems
- Ability to attend to details and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment