Educational Sales Consultant, USA, Hodder Education
Reporting to the International Sales Manager – Europe and the Americas; the Educational Sales Consultant - USA is responsible for meeting sales targets by promoting and consultatively selling company products and services within a designated territory throughout the US. The Education Sales Consultant will be responsible for selling direct to schools and school districts across the territory including attending events and conferences with regular travel. The role will also work collaboratively with other team members and independent contractors to achieve our shared goals of maximizing sales into the territory via a network of booksellers and agents.
This position will require the candidates to work from their remote home office, ideally based on the West or South Coast in locations such as Texas, Washington, Oregon or California. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we may prioritize early applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the Hodder Education brand and reputation within the territory is maintained to its highest potential and the best customer service is offered at all times
- Foster positive, deep relationships with your schools’ customers. Organize regular one to one meetings with key decision makers and teachers at international, British and other English medium schools where our resources, products and services are used/could be used
- Build relationships with school distributors, book sellers, and agents in market, providing support and training as necessary.
- Submit regular trip/activity reports and advise on the market situation, competition, and potential for new publishing/products and services for your market
- Populate and maintain our CRM (Spirit) with activity and schools’ information, tracking opportunities and building your pipeline
- Regularly attend conferences, exhibitions, and events in the market to promote the brand and gain adoptions of our materials
- Plan your annual activity in the market, provide advice on the annual travel budget and organize sales trips in Market within your operating budget
- Meet or exceed the budget and forecast for your region
- Develop strong product knowledge across the Hodder Education Imprints and digital lists.
- Regular travel to reach customers in your market within term time (Travel up to 50% of the time).
- Collaborate closely with your line manager and the wider direct to school field sales teams on a range of internal and external projects
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales support functions and contribute positively to the wider teams’ goals
- Strong organizational skills coupled with a keen eye for detail
- Self-motivated and resilient
- Able to work independently and as part of a matrixed team with little supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- An independent decision maker
- Driven outgoing and confident
- Highly motivated and able to plan and manage own workload independently
- Strong IT Skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Google docs/sheets.
- Customer focused and proactive attitude
- Flexible, adaptable and positive
- Able to manipulate and analyze data form robust plans with a view to enhancing sales performance
- A successful track record in K-12 Education Sales an advantage
- International education experience desirable
- Experience working independently from home for a large, matrixed and international organization/company desirable
- Experience within an educational context desirable
- Proficiency in an additional language would be an advantage but not essential to perform the role
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The compensation range for this position is $47,500-$65,000. Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your role or exceptional workload issues or special projects.
The following benefits are offered by the company: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life, short-term and long-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, critical illness, hospital indemnity, long-term care, health and dependent care FSA, commuter benefit plan, employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, travel assistance, 401(k), discretionary bonus program, PTO (15 vacation days, 2 personal days, 10 holidays and generous sick leave) and group discounts on auto and home insurance and legal services. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification, hours worked and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific elections, plan, or program terms.