Marketing and Publicity Associate, Orbit
Orbit, the Science Fiction & Fantasy publisher at Hachette Book Group, is looking for a highly-organized and digital-savvy marketing and publicity associate to join our team. Reporting to the Marketing and Publicity Director, this candidate will oversee a number of key digital channels, and contribute to all aspects of title campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule, produce and analyze email marketing activity.
- Write and deliver internal marketing and publicity communications.
- Maintain and update internal marketing and publicity systems.
- Oversee NetGalley marketing and reporting for the division.
- Oversee publicity mailings and follow-up for select titles.
- Execute publicity and marketing campaigns for select titles.
- Produce and schedule content for website and social media channels.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of Science Fiction/Fantasy media and publishing.
- Previous online marketing or publicity experience with a well-rounded knowledge of digital platforms a must.
- Office software and digital fluency, light web development/coding skills a big plus (HTML, CMS).
- Ability to work one-on-one comfortably with authors throughout the publishing process.
- Effective communication skills (oral & written), good judgment, and excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of business.
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.