Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
This position reports to the Executive Director, Finance and is based in NY. The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, budget management functions, and financial reporting to management and parent company. This position will be a key participant in M&A activities.
- Direct and coordinate LOB financial planning and budget management functions
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget, forecast or prior period.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements
- Work with department/finance managers to develop long range strategic business plans
- Coordinate the Company’s insurance renewal process
- Responsible for the weekly gross sales estimate
- Fleet management
- T&E supervision
- Support the forecasting model operating procedures
- Mentor analysts and provide guidance and support of the IT systems
- Analyze, monitor, and reconcile coop and incentive accounts on a monthly basis
- Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience
- Twenty years experience in finance or accounting position with at least 7 years at a senior level.
- Publishing and/or media experience.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP and Budgeting and SmartView.
- Very strong excel skills, including pivot tables, lookups and indexing.
- Prior M&A experience.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- In depth knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects