Spring 2020 Perseus Rights Intern (Boston office)
Hachette Book Group is actively seeking students interested in a career in book publishing to apply for a paid internship for Spring 2020 in our Boston office.
As a Perseus Subrights Intern, you will assist rights staff in the Perseus Books division. The rights department is made up of domestic and international subsidiary rights and we are responsible for managing and selling the rights granted to the publisher by the author. These include, but are not limited to: foreign translation, book club, film/TV, audio, reprints, digital licensing, and permissions. You will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks and help with special projects. This position is 16 hours per week and runs for 12 weeks.
What you will work on:
• Create pitch materials for book fairs.
• Assist with production requests.
• Undertake research projects in subsidiary rights.
• Manage and update rights databases.
• Mail author copies of licensed editions.
• Maintain the department email accounts.
• Assist with permission grants for all Hachette Book Group titles.
• A rising junior, senior, or graduate student interested in exploring a career in book publishing
• Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
• Resourceful with the ability to balance multiple responsibilities and work independently
• Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume AND cover letter.
Please apply on Jobvite: http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/hachette-book-group/jobs.
53 State Street, 9th Floor, Boston (red, orange, blue, and green-line accessible)