The Hachette Book Group Corporate Finance department seeks an analyst to assist the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis. The successful candidate will help develop and monitor departmental budgets and forecasts and will conduct analysis to assess the financial impact of business decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct analysis, using advanced Excel functions.
• Prepare daily sales reports
• Prepare weekly, monthly, ad-hoc, and annual reports, using proprietary database system, including author profit sharing statements, variance analysis, and title acquisition and profitability analysis.
• Generate quarterly review presentations for executive review.
• Assist in KPI (key performance indicator) collection and reporting.
• Assist business managers in the budget and reforecast process.
• Assist in developing profitable P&L’s and creating post-pub analysis.
• Assist with special finance-related projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
• 1-2 years of financial analysis experience. Will consider recent graduates with exceptional academic record and related internships.
• Computer proficiency in advanced Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.) and PowerPoint is also required.
• Database experience and the ability/resourcefulness to learn proprietary systems.
• Capable of managing and analyzing large data sets.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail. Must have the ability to deliver on numerous projects on tight deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent interpersonal skills a must, and an ability to interact effectively with senior management.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
• An interest in book publishing.