Summer 2020 Manufacturing & Digital Production Intern
PRODUCTION SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 1st – August 7th and allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest.
As an HBG Production Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
Who you are:
- A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
- Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
What you will learn:
- Assist coordination of design and composition for interior production as well as the trafficking of materials for approvals in various groups.
- Help with Backlist Production for Print On Demand.
- Assist Digital Production handling the creation of ebooks as well as coordinating QA review.
- Assist NY Manufacturing in handling the cost estimating, paper purchasing, vendor scheduling, quality management, and purchase order delivery with HBG's vendors for Illustrated Books and Children's Picture Books.
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume and cover letter.