Summer 2020 Sales Intern
Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 1st – August 7th and allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest.
As a Sales Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings. Interns will be placed within specific sales departments such as Client Services & Analytics, International & Special Sales, Retail/Account Marketing, and Digital Sales based on interest, experience, and academic coursework.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
Who you are:
- A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign and Analytics study a plus
- Social media marketing experience a plus
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
- Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
Possible responsibilities include:
- Working with digital assets in content management system
- Pubtracker title information entry and update
- Processing weekly reports
- Assist in publicity research and writing pitch letters
- Assist in preparing materials and presentations for sell-in
- Processing Co-op agreements and asset in Co-op record keeping
- Working with analysts on ad hoc and weekly reports
- Researching and compiling industry trends.
- Assist in creating marketing materials such as monthly account newsletters and themed blasts
- Oversee galley mailings and collect digital galley information as well as to add information to Apple Best of the month nominations
- Prepare Apple Promo Grid as well as sneak peek highlights for Apple