Do you want to be An Office Manager at Autocar Parts?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar Parts, we are a national aftermarket parts distributor that fights for the customer’s needs. We know truck parts and put the customers’ needs first to help customers keep their trucks rolling.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
What will you do? The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, and task delegation.
The Office Manager must be an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office including handling the human resources functions.
Other Job Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee office operations and procedures: Point person for mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills, office lease, office maintenance and errands
- HR responsibilities include onboarding, benefits knowledge, employee relations, employee training, performance management, job descriptions, organizational charts, policy implementation and documentation and streamlining, reporting and record-keeping at both Rolling Meadows and Louisville locations. Work with talent acquisition team to facilitate interviews as needed.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments: Manage executive schedules, calendars, appointments, and travel plans (Concur)
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Responsible for creating PowerPoint slides
- Analyzing data in Excel: dashboard, scorecards, metric boards updates
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current: record keeping, security and confidentiality.
- Serve as Customer Service Department overflow
- Help maintain a safe and secure working environment
What does it take to successfully undertake this role?
Where will you work? The Office Manager will be based out of our headquarters in Rolling Meadows, IL.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume