Senior Finance and Accounting Controller
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At GVW Parts, we are a national aftermarket parts distributor that fights for the customer’s needs. We know truck parts and put the customers’ needs first to help customers keep their trucks rolling.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our truck parts.
What will you do?
Ideal candidates will be self-starters, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial and operate with the highest ethical standards.
The Senior Finance and Accounting Controller will report to the Director of Finance and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas.
- Provides guidance on accounting matters such as implications of new accounting pronouncements or classification of transactions.
- Evaluate monthly financial results with Director of Finance and President.
- Provide support for the monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Assist with monthly reports.
- Lead the annual audit process and direct staff accordingly.
- Participate in documentation and testing of key internal controls.
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Overall leadership and direction of the accounting staff, consisting of a team of three.
- Lead month-end closing activities, including review of various journal entries, variance analysis, cash flow statement, audit schedules and distribution of cost center reports and financial statements.
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis. Reconcile complex balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances.
- Review a variety of financial statements such as expense analysis, trial balances, balance sheets, income statements and other related reports.
- Prepare and review customized financial reports by established monthly deadlines while ensuring for the quality, timeliness and integrity of data.
What does it take to be part of our team?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 7+ years of GAAP based professional accounting experience.
- CPA preferred.
- Past professional accounting experience in distribution setting a plus.
- Excellent Microsoft suite of products with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Excellent skills in using advanced financial reporting and budgeting tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
What else does it take to be a part of our team?
- CHARACTER: We look for people with integrity, honesty, loyalty, humility, and people who do not engage in internal politics.
- PROACTIVE: You are a doer, you are self-made and you have led big changes.
- RESULTS DRIVEN: You are a “finisher”, get things done, and like to win.
- ENTERPRISING: You think outside the box, can work in agile, unstructured environments and do not reinvent the wheel.
- GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE: You have a global view resulting from work with sophisticated international companies.
- SENSE OF URGENCY: You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
- HIGHLY COLLABORATIVE: Collaboration is the fuel of our business, whether it is between employees, partners or customers. You are a driving force for continued efficiency among everyday tasks and a necessity for improving the outcomes of business activities.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package to include salary, variable compensation and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume