Data Governance Manager
Data Governance Manager
Lead and manage all organization-wide data privacy, compliance, and governance activities with responsibility for improving the protection of client sensitive data and information assets.
- Advise leadership on security improvement opportunities and strategy.
- Collaborate with enterprise teams (compliance, data governance, privacy, and cybersecurity) subject matter experts to ensure the protection of sensitive data and information assets.
- Engage and represent Aculocity with cross-functional committees and working groups as needed to help steer and support data and compliance initiatives.
- Serve as a point of contact to develop and sustain controls to ensure compliance and security throughout the life-cycle of data and services.
- Operate cyber-risk management programs across the portfolio of companies.
- Review new vendor requests and manage the vendor cybersecurity risk assessment process.
- Enable top-line growth and sustain existing business relationships by ensuring solutions are delivered consistently meeting our organization’s and customers’ security requirements.
- Support potential RFP/RFI’s process as needed, including all data-related and compliance portions of such projects.
- Review and respond to all audits, including all data security and compliance client audits and assessments.
- Focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an appropriate enterprise data governance framework as well as ensuring compliance with company policies relating to data.
- Ensure that all portfolio companies are aware of the standards its clients require so that the controls are built into its operations.
- Serve as a point of escalation for governance, data quality, and data security issues.
- Work closely with business and functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets.
- Respond to information security incidents.
- Ensure all portfolio companies are aware of the information security roles and responsibilities for all third-party systems.
- Support the strategic requirements of the department.
Ideal Qualifications and Qualities
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in a major services organization supporting or leading data security, compliance, and privacy programs.
- Awareness of data governance and compliance practices, with particular focus on privacy, records management, and cybersecurity.
- Familiarity with industry standard frameworks.
- Experience with risk management and governance solutions.
- Results-oriented and able to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to manage challenging situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across all levels and manage relationships across business and functional areas.
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative and constructive working relationships.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management.
- Relevant certification(s) preferred (e.g. CIPP, CIPM, CISSP, or CISM)
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume